Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hardship

What is a worse plight? The past you can't leave behind or the future you have to fight? How much does your past bother you? How much does your future frighten you?

We face trials on a daily basis. How many of these trials would you say are a product of your past? How many would you say affect your future? Hardship is inevitable. Hardship is unbearable.

I hate hardship. It hinders me from moving forward. And when i want to move forward, it pulls me in these two directions:

1. Down
2. Back.

How do you overcome hardship when it's hard?

Perception. A change of perception. I struggle to adjust my view on hardship all the time. Where I see obstacles, others see stepping stones. Some people thrive on hardship, it drives them to become a stronger more able person. But it does the opposite for me. It disables me. That's a constant hardship.

"To see a rainbow you must put up with the rain..."

No comments:

Post a Comment